United State ArmSports
ArmSports Rules & Regulations
(Revised January 2003)
1. You may wrap only one finger in the hand grip before the
2. The referee must see both thumb knuckles, unless both
wrestlers agree to
wave the rule.
3. The wrestlers shoulders must be square to the table before
the match will be
4. Your shoulders may not be less than a fist distance away from
your hand on the
5. All starts will be a “Ready .. Go”.
6. The first false start is a warning any others after that is a
7. You may use a riser if your beltline is below the table but
you must place and
return your own riser.
8. To make a winning pin you must touch your opponent to the
touch pad or obtain
a parallel pin.
9. A parallel pin is when any part of your opponent’s hand,
wrist or fingers goes
below the touch pad.
10. You may touch any part of your opponent’s fingers, wrist
or forearm to
constitute a win.
11. You may not touch your body to your hand. If you gain
position that is a foul.
12. If you get a foul and your hand is lower than 45 degrees you
lose that match.
13. You forfeit the match with your second foul.
14. The referee will only center the hands left and right
forward and back is up to
the individual wrestlers.
15. If you intentionally open your hand and a slip occurs you
will receive a foul and
the match is restarted.
16. If a slip occurs we will apply the strap, USA approved
Velcro strap will be
used, unless a foul is called.
17. The strap cannot be applied lower on your wrist than 1 inch.
18. You must start with at least one foot on the ground but
after the go it does not
19. If you put your foot on your opponent’s side of the table
you are risking it
getting knocked off.
20. The wrestlers shoulders cannot go past the center of the
table and if position is
gained you will get a foul.
21. You are not to wrestle in a position that may hurt your arm
and we can stop the match if deemed necessary. The positions are, but not
limited to, in a neutral or losing position turning away from your hand,
letting your shoulder get in front of your hand. Don’t look away from
23. The wrestler must have contact with the peg when the pin is made.
25. If your elbow comes off the pad and there is no position
gained or hand change, “no call”.
26. If your elbow stays off the pad you will get continuation
fouls until it goes back on the pad.
27. It is your responsibility to keep your own elbow on the pad
and if your elbow comes off and touch’s the touch pad you lose.
28. Back pressure to the extent that it pulls your opponent past
the center of the table will not be allowed. This infraction will be deemed the
same as a false start.
29. The referee will give a referees grip after 1 minute. You
must not move during the set up until the “Ready Go”. You cannot change the
grip that the referee gives to you , any change is a foul.
30. NEVER STOP WRESTLING until the referee grabs the hands
signifying the end of the match.
31. The wrestler will conduct him or herself in a sportsmanship
manner and the referee can give a disciplinary foul for un-sportsmanship behavior.
ARMWRESTLING.COM- Dave Devoto (707) 537-7373
incorporated in any information retrieval system without
written permission of the Publisher.