International Armwrestling Federation
Member Of United States Armsports
It is with great
sorrow that I have to report the loss of a Legend in Armwrestling.
Sue Patton the Godmother of Armwrestling passed away on March 21st.
For those of you that don’t remember Sue she has been involved in
armwrestling for about 25 years. At one time she was a Board Director for the AAA.
She also ran some of the biggest and best tournaments the country has
ever seen. Her Atlantic Coast
Championship drew the top competitors from all over the country plus many top
names from Canada. Both her sons
competed and her son Dave has won just about every award there was to win.
Sue was always there for the new puller, she would listen to their
questions and always try to help. I
am proud to say that I was friends with Sue for 20 years.
Armwrestling will greatly miss this grand lady.
All our prayers go out to her family.
Canadian American Championship
Men’s Right Open
1. Norm Devio(MA) 2. Joe Lagasse(RI) 3. Bobby Sholon(VT)
1. Ron Klemba(CT) 2. John Vinikoor(PA) 3. Marc Orpallo(NJ)
1. Chris Myers(NY) 2. Robert Vigeant Jr(NH) 3. Tim Brown(NH)
1. Jim Bryan(NJ) 2. Rob Sasso(NY) 3. Jim Fitzsimmons(MA)
1. Allen Stilkey(RI) 2. Guy Lasorsa(MA) 3. Kurt Howgate(ME)
1. Peter Milano(CT) 2. Tim Bresnan(CT) 3. Eric Guevin(ME)
1. Joe Lagasse(RI) 2. Benji Dwyer(NY) 3. Norm Devio(MA)
1. Ron Klemba(CT) 2. John Vinikoor(PA) 3. Marc Orpallo(NJ).
Darren Courtemarche(NH) 2. Josh Stark(CT) 3. Ron Ermini(CT)
1. Jim Bryan(NJ) 2. Rob Sasso(NY) 3. Allen Stilkey(RI)
1. Rob Bigwood(NJ) 2. Kurt Howgate(ME) 3. Reggie Ward(CT)
Men’s Right Masters
1. Mike Ondrovic(PA) 2. Ron Klemba(CT) 3. Rick Brunell(NH)
1. Bill Cheetham(MA) 2. Jim Fitzsimmons(MA) 3. Rick Brunell(NH)
1. Sue Fischer(PA) 2. Jessalynn Gillett(VT) 3. Valerie Beach(NH)
1. Arlene Pfieffer(NJ) 2. Heather Pembrook(VT) 3. Michelle
1. Danya Baker(CT) 2. Cindy Looney(CT) 3. Brenda Bryan(NJ)
Men’s Open Overall Winner:: Peter Milano(CT)
Men’s Left Overall Winner:: Jim Bryan(NJ)
Men’s Right Master Overall Winner:: Bill
Women’s Right Overall Winner:: Danya Baker
There were 147
entries from 9 states. Referees were Jan Schmeichel, Dale Urbank, Chris Gangi,
Logan Miclette & Bill Cox. Brackets were done by Gerry Cox.
10. Charity Armwrestling
Tournament to be held at the Knights of Columbus in Claremont, NH. This event is to help a young child with Leukemia.
All proceeds go to the family. Men
& Women’s right & left hand classes.
For more info call 603-826-5878 or 603-542-2451.
23. The White Mountain
Championship will be held in the Italian Garden Restaurant, located in the
Mill at Loon Mt. Weigh ins will
be held at the Rivergreen Resort located behind the Mill.
Weigh ins are on Friday night from 7pm till 10pm and on Saturday from
10am till 1pm. Special room rates
at the Rivergreen Resort will be $61.36 per night including tax.
There will be 14 weight classes for men & women.
For reservations call 800-654-6182
or for more info call Bill at 508-947-8958.
May 21. Tournament in
Sanford, ME. Flyer will be posted
soon on the Maine & the IAF sites.
May 28. The
Delaware Valley Strongarm Challenge will be held at the PA Fair in Bensalem,
PA. Men’s right &
left hand open, men’s right hand novice and women’s right hand open.
Trophies for 1st thru 3rd in all classes.
Places To Train
We have added a section on the IAF site which list places to train.
If you are new to armwrestling or to an area or your are traveling for
work or vacation this page will help you find pullers and a place to train in
different areas. If anyone has a
place for training and would like to be added to the list just go to the page
and fill out the form provided there. Hope